About the Program
A Student Ambassador for ABPA promotes ABPA’s mission and values on his or her college campus. The Ambassador serves as a representative for ABPA and acts as a reference point for fellow students and career service officials who are interested in learning about ABPA’s Internship Placement Program. ABPA has only one Student Ambassador on a college campus for each academic year, so this position is very important!
In addition to representing ABPA at campus events and acting as a point of contact for interested students, Student Ambassadors also engage in classroom visits. At each visit and event, an ambassador should highlight:
- ABPA’s mission
- How the ABPA Internship Placement Program works
- The application process and eligibility requirements for the program
- Potential placement options & ABPA’s high-profile partners!
Following each classroom visit and event, a brief document should be submitted providing a summary and citing the date, time, and location. Any notable organizations or students who indicated interest must also be mentioned in the document.
In order to be considered as a Student Ambassador, you must meet the following criteria.
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at an accredited institution
- Possess a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have authorization or eligibility to work in the United States
- Have experience with social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, & LinkedIn)
- Have effective communication skills